Free help from tech experts
Welcome to Geeks to Go forums. Create a FREE account now to gain access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. Best of all, registration and all assistance is 100% free! This message, and all ads will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account Login to Account

Bad DirectSound driver

• Please log in to reply

EricCoons1

EricCoons1

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I just updated my WinAmp program and when I opened it, I received this error:
Bad DirectSound driver. Please install proper drivers or select another device in configuration.
Error code: 88780078

I also attempted to use my Windows media player and received this response:

Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly.

I've made no changes to the computer at all.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.