Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My PC not recognizing MTP Device (Zen V Plus Mp3 Player) but another P

• Please log in to reply

pedrossi

pedrossi

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
I bought a Zen V Plus 4gb yesterday, got home and installed everything from the CD, but when I connected my Zen and the program tried to register it, it said it found no unregistered components. I ignored it and tried to open the Media Manager to add songs. It said there's no player connected. I opened Windows Media Player and clicked 'Sync' and there's no player there, either. Every time I connect the player, a Windows Wizard comes up asking me if I want to connect to the internet to install the driver for it. I tried clicking 'yes' once, but it said it couldn't find any drivers. I checked the Device Manager and it says there's a Creative Zen V connected but there's a yellow warning icon next to it. I've tried reinstalling the software from the CD 4 times, and restarted my PC numerous times as well. My player does seem to be charging, as I left it connected to the PC for about 2 hours and now when I disconnect it the battery display is about 1/3 of the way full.

I tried the troubleshooting on Creative's website, but no luck. I also tried a fix that seemed to be working for a lot of people with this problem, which was modifying the registry permissions for USB. I did that, but still no luck.
I'm running Windows XP Service Pack 2, 768mb ram, 2.8Ghz Pentium 4 on an HP Pavilion a410y machine.

This is an interesting development: my dad got one of these (a 1gb Zen V) for his birthday, and installed all the software on his PC (an HP Pavilion, different model than mine, 512 ram, 3.0ghz pentium 4). He succeeded in putting all his songs on my player, so I decided to try his PC, since he already had all the software. His PC's Media Explorer recognized my player... and my player can play the radio and everything, so I'm guessing the problem is with my PC.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
Edit/Delete Message

Advertisements