Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Graphics Issues

• Please log in to reply

puters r a pain

puters r a pain

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
I have had my computer for about 6 months and recently the graphics have been having some issues. It started off with little green and red pixels scattered around the monitor, so I thought it was just the monitor having problems. Then as I was playing games, the actual game was getting distorted. Now the computer has even started crashing, only when games are being played. The only problems I have outside of video games are the discolored pixels. Could my video card have over heated or something?? Please help with any ideas you may have.

Attached Files

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Hi there

It may help if you told us what video card you have. i.e make/model, amount of video memory, whether its pci-e, agp, integrated/onboard etc.

Its possible that the cards overheating. Its also possible that you're simply pushing the card beyond it's capabilities.
You may find it helps if you lower the colour depth & resolution for game playing.
Also, go into the video card properties (control panel->display->settings->advanced & look for a setting called 'anti-aliasing'. Make sure this is set to 'application controlled'