Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet problem

• Please log in to reply

Trebor_400

Trebor_400

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi i have recently hooked up a D-Link DI-604 Router to my home network. I plugged it into my PC so i could share my internet connection with my X-Box Live. Now the internet on my PC is not working (As in not connecting), however my x-box live Works. And to top it off my router needs to be configured which guess what needs to connect to the internet.

My PC runs Windows 98 which is compatable with my router, and i know a connection is coming through because of being able to play X-Box live, the port which my PC ethernet cable is in is also lit up, Also if i do a direct connection from the broadband socket into my PC that still does not work.

:tazz:

Thanks in advance

Advertisements

Rico750

Rico750

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
ok make sure your 98 machine gets an IP adress from that router. 98 machines are sometimes stubborn and want to keep their old adress.

Go to start ---> RUN ---> type "WINIPCFG"

here you can release and renew your ip adress for that specific network card.

Rik