Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Messenger service allowing multiple log on names : Is there such a thi

• Please log in to reply

g4fne

g4fne

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi everyone

I currently use windows live messenger which i'm very happy with & causes no problems but i have 2 different sign on names that i would like to be able to log on simultanously ... Is there a messenger service that will allow me to keep my usernames & log them both on at the same time

Any advice appreciated

Thanks in advance

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
In theory you should be able to have both Windows Messenger and MSN Messenger signed in together at the same time for two different usernames. In practice I haven't tried it but I see no reason why it shouldn't work.

g4fne

g4fne

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

In theory you should be able to have both Windows Messenger and MSN Messenger signed in together at the same time for two different usernames. In practice I haven't tried it but I see no reason why it shouldn't work.

Yeah thanks ... that does work ... but would prefer a single program ... Currently using Trillian again which seems ok but have had problems with that about 6 months so ended up unuinstalling until this afternoon

CelestialTeardrop

CelestialTeardrop

• PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
I don't know if you're still interested, but AIM lets you link different screen names which can all be signed in simultaneously. Or if you want to "sign off" of one but leave (for example) the other three on, there is an "invisible" function for each screen name.

You can download the program for free here: AIM 6.1

s2tgrave

s2tgrave

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Mercury :
- previous called dMSN
- Java-based MSN-client
- possible to login with multiple accounts

Edited by s2tgrave, 12 June 2007 - 07:59 AM.

sunny441

sunny441

• PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
GAIM is one such client = you can add MSN, YAHOO, and all other chat clients into one

cheers