Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

iTunes download

• Please log in to reply

cheezdoodle17

cheezdoodle17

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
I've had itunes for about a year now, and I do the regular updates when they come up. A few days ago I tried to download itunes 7.1.1 (i think..whatever the latest is) and now I can't open it. Whenever I try to open itunes, i get this message: "itunes cannot run because some of its required files are missing. Please reinstall iTunes". I've tried to reinstall, and nothing changes. When I run the installer again, I get another message that says "Invalid drive: J:\". I can't find this mysterious drive J:\ anywhere on my computer, so now I have no idea what to do. Quicktime is working fine. I have yet to try completely deleting itunes from my computer, but I don't want to delete all of my playlists and everything. Also, a lot of my music is disorganized on my computer because I've had some problems in the past with switching computers and external harddrives and other things, so I'm afraid I might not be able to find some of my music again if I do delete itunes entirely and start over. Can anyone help me reinstall iTunes without deleting everything?

Update: I tried to completely remove iTunes from my computer by clicking Control Panel-->Add/Remove Programs-->Remove iTunes but now my computer won't let me uninstall iTunes. When I selected itunes and clicked "remove" and clicked "yes" that I'm sure I want to remove it, another box popped up that said "Invalid drive: J:\". I click ok on that box and another one pops up that says "fatal error during installation". Essentially, it won't let me remove the program. Is there any other way to remove an unwanted program from the computer?

Edited by cheezdoodle17, 18 March 2007 - 12:00 PM.

Advertisements

hendaz

hendaz

• PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
You would have to locate the program on the hard drive. go on my computer -> local disk -> programme files -> itunes then right click and delete. Then try going on the add/remove programmes to remove itunes from the list. then try reinstalling it. However, you would lose all your playlists.