Lat night while working on the web I got a popup message that notified me that my PC had Limited or No internet connection. I started running scans on the PC for any malware that may be causing a problem (AdAware, Spybot, Eweido Security Suite, and AVG Free) All scans came up clean and I still had no connectivity. I have another PC (the one I am writing this on) that has complete access to the network.
I have a D-link 604 Wired router running on Win XP Hom with SP2 installed.
The working PC is running Win XP Pro with SP2 installed
1) Since last night I have switched wires from this PC to the one having problems, thinking that the cable was possibly damaged. This did not help.
2) I have rebooted both the D-Link router and Motorola Cable Modem. This did not help
3) I have plugged my PC directly into the Cable Modem. This did not give me internet access.
4) I purchased a 10/100 Ethernet card to bypass the onboard card. This did not solve the problem.
5) I have gone into my network properties and tried repairing the connection. After several minutes of trying to request a new IP address it fails.
From the command line I get the following information when doing an IPconfig
Connection Specific IP Suffix: (no info listed)
Autoconfiguarion IP Address: 169.254.23.248
Subnet Mask: 255.255.0.0
Default Gateway: (no info listed)
Primary DNS Suffix: +S
Node Type: Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled: No
Wins Proxy Enabled: No
when entering "Ipconfig /renew" I get the following info
Windows Ip Configuration
An error occurred while renewing interface local area connection: unable to contact your DHCP server. Request timed out.
At this point I have no idea what to try next. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Also, I can not access the web interface of the D-Link router from either computer.
If the problem is in the router, Why wouldn't I be able to access the web by plugging directly into the cable modem (like i tried last night?)
Thanks for your time.
Edited by wwhite720, 18 March 2007 - 12:18 PM.