Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Memory Stick Problem

• Please log in to reply

LoReNzZz

LoReNzZz

• Pip
  • 2 posts
So, whats happening is......i insert the memory stick into the tower and there is nothing in "my computer" & there aren't any pop ups letting me know that new hardware was detected...........but, a green light does go on next to the card slot, so i kno something is definitely being detected! What do u guys think is wrong? I cant seem to find the memory stick anywhere in the computer.........Im guessin i have a HP Pavilion a16 1 On......thats what it says in teh bottom of the tower in the front --- Computer is pretty much brand new....i got it 3 months ago CAN ANY1 HELP ME OUT HERE :whistling:

Edited by LoReNzZz, 18 March 2007 - 02:02 PM.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Try clicking on the extra drives in "My Computer". A friend has a H-P with the card reader that was doing the same thing. The card reader shows up as different drives. His was F, G, H, I, J, K, L, and M. I ended up going into my computer and clicking each of the drives until i found the memory card. If you have no data on the card the computer may not see the card. If the card has been wiped so it is no longer formatted it will have to be formatted again.

SRX660

LoReNzZz

LoReNzZz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Nope.......Ive done all of that & again after i read what u wrote; i did it again and its not working =/

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
By memory stick I assume you mean RAM. When you add RAM to a computer it requires no windows installation and is not listed as a device in device manager. Most computer BIOS menus allow you to see how much RAM you have in each RAM slot. Common buttons to enter the BIOS during startup are F1, F2, and delete (will need to be pressed during the "HP" splash screen). Most computers display they key that is needed.