Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Print job stuck in quere

• Please log in to reply

dnrflorence

dnrflorence

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
I share my printer on our home network. My daughter sent a print job to it from her computer. It never printed and now I cannot delete it. I can't print any other documents either because it is stilltrying to print her doc. I tried rebooting and turning off the printer too! Itjust won't go away. Can anybody help?!

Advertisements

98springer

98springer

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
Can you pause the printjob and then delete it?

dnrflorence

dnrflorence

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
No...I tried that too! It just keeps saying "deleting..." What else?

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
I had the same problem once. I fixed it by simply pressing the "resume" button on the printer. It's worth a shot.

techie4fun

techie4fun

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
If you try resuming the job like a user posted and it doesn't work, try unplugging your printer's main cable from the computer to the printer, and then kill the printer's main power source. Let it sit for about 20 seconds and then turn the computer back on. The queue should then be empty.

Sometimes these things happen because the user may have a firewall installed on the computer that is preventing the use of the printer that is being shared. Sometimes its windows just being stupid.

Good luck.

Edited by techie4fun, 19 March 2007 - 01:28 PM.

dnrflorence

dnrflorence

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
Ok, unfortunately none of those worked. However, I took the second suggestion to the next level. I unplugged the printer from the computer and turned the power off to the printer. I THEN REBOOTED WITH THE POWER OFF AND THE PRINTER UNPLUGGED FROM THE COMPUTER!!! It worked! When I rebooted the computer the print job was gone! When I plugged in the printer and turned on the power the print job was still gone! Thanks for you help and ideas guys! You really were a big help! :whistling:

dasaybz

dasaybz

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Another thing you can try and do is go into services and stop/start the print spooler service. Hope this helps.