Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Security Center wont load any more

• Please log in to reply

carbuncle

carbuncle

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Hiya

Contracted a couple of Trojans which ive manged to get rid of fingers crossed with AVG and Xoft but my Security Center Service is no longer working correctly, it tells me that it is currently disabled and not turned on and I should re enable it (But there is no button to do this - nice one XP). I have looked through a lot of previous posts and can't quite find one which equals my problem.

If I click on the Firewall icon it tells me its loaded and the same with Auto Updates but the icon for Anti Virus is missing for e.g

Any idea whu Anti Virus is missing and how to turn the service back on?

XP running SP2 btw

Cheers Rob

Advertisements

carbuncle

carbuncle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Hopefully fixed it myself

Went into Services and scrolled down to Security Center, tried to get it going with 'Automatic' but it said it couldn't due to it been either disabled or certain devices not been associated with it, changed Auto to Manual and when i clicked on Apply it seemed to do something differant, went back into control panel and it seems to be back to normal, changed it back to automatic now and hopefully it will stay that way.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Thanks for posting back and telling us how you fixed it. I was just about to suggest "Services" when I saw your second post. Someday, the Search function will use this thread to help someone else.
Cheers from Ohio!
Johanna