Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

monitor going blank

• Please log in to reply

dopeg33k

dopeg33k

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I dont really remember when this started but my monitor has been going out and its new. The light goes from green to orange and I cant get it to come back on unless I restart the computer. I tried plugging another new monitor in and the same thing is happening. My vid card is a NVidia GeForce FX 5500. If I get a newer card will that stop the screens from going blank?

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. If you tried two different monitors and had the same problem, it is probably not a problem with the monitor. It could be the video card. Have you tried updating the video driver?

dopeg33k

dopeg33k

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi. Yeah I tried but I ended up having more problems like I couldnt get to the login screen and sometimes it wouldnt get passed the ram check.