Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MP3 Editor

• Please log in to reply

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
Does anyone know of a program that can edit MP3's? I have this one song thats driving me nuts because the first half of the song is instrumental, and has nothing to do with the song.....would love to be able to cut the first minute and a half out. Also a few other songs I have that the last 10 seconds is dead silence.

Thanks

:whistling:

Excal

* Note: Free would be the best :blink:

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hey Excal. Do you happen to have a Creative Labs (usually SoundBlaster series) sound card installed? Do you have a card or on-board sound? I have a Creative Card, and it comes with "Wave Studio" which does exactly what you want. If you need this done right away, you can also send it to me and I'll fix it for you. We'll still look for a suitable program of course. Let me know :whistling:

Excal

Excal

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
My lap top doesn't have that :whistling:, I do have a sound blaster in my Desktop, but its not working...lol!

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
have you checked out audacity? i believe with the LAME mp3 encoder plugin you can do what you're wanting to do

P.S. no cryptic, slightly disturbing text messages this time

Thunderbird1988

Thunderbird1988

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,416 posts
You can also use MP3DirectCut Which can be found here.

Marshall003

Marshall003

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Try out editing of Mp3 files with FlexiMusic Wave Editor.

Edited by Marshall003, 27 March 2007 - 01:12 AM.

Excal

Excal

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts

You can also use MP3DirectCut Which can be found here.

Thanks TBird, That worked beautifully!

Excal

hanaku

hanaku

• Pip
  • 2 posts
That's perfect!
Thanks TBird, it very helpful!

s2tgrave

s2tgrave

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
if you have nero, than you could use nero wave editor (included with nero)

shannianni

shannianni

• PipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Does anyone know of a program that can edit MP3's? I have this one song thats driving me nuts because the first half of the song is instrumental, and has nothing to do with the song.....would love to be able to cut the first minute and a half out. Also a few other songs I have that the last 10 seconds is dead silence.

Thanks

Excal

* Note: Free would be the best :blink:

Excal

I have just read your question regarding editing music, I mix and sometimes remix for a DJ only company, so I am well into the art of editing music as you are Getting rid of malware, viruses etc.
If you ever need anything done then please pm me and i will gladly assist and send you the results.

Regards

Shannianni