Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

I restart and system crashes

• Please log in to reply

Mojito

Mojito

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I just built a new system...fired it up, everything looks fine, I had to reboot, so I hit the restart button and the text on the screen appeared jumbled and it froze.
I ignored it and went to install WinXP...it got to the point where it needs to restart, and the same thing happened. I have no idea what causes this >.<
It actually reboots, then just sits at the motherboard display screen, where it shows the name and model of the motherboard, the first screen that displays when I turn the computer on.
Help please?

Edited by Mojito, 19 March 2007 - 03:49 PM.

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Welcome to G2G, Mojito

When you say the restart button, do you mean :
1) You are pressing the power (on/off) button on the front of the case
2) You are pressing the reset button (normally smaller than the power button) on the front of the case or
3) do you mean the software restart, i.e clicking on restart option in Windows?

Also, when you say the text etc looks jumbled, is the first screen after reboot (motherboard display screen) jumbled or does this only happen once Windows has loaded?