Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

directcanada.com, if you have used it post here

• Please log in to reply

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Note this isn't spam in anyway, which is why I broke the link.
Has anyone in Canada bought anything from this website?

www.directcanada.com

I want to buy from here because of the good prices, but at the same time its' the price thats the problem. In many cases they are to low and makes me wonder whether or not its too good to be true. I have already looked on the BBB and there is only one complaint, which has been resolved. Just curious has anyone dealt with them before? I am by no means suggesting anyone going onto this site, because I myself am weary of this site at the moment.

If anyone could tell me if they used this site, what product they bought and whether they had any problems that'd be great.
They have the site registered till 2016, but it expires on my birthday.....maybe it's telling me to stay away.

James

P.S. The comments are even done by random names to add to my suspicions

Edited by james_8970, 19 March 2007 - 05:38 PM.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I would be suspicious of this business. Only 8 reviews and all of them between 8/2006 and 11/2006 and no more reviews after that? The business was started in 7/2006.

CAVEAT EMPTOR(buyer beware)

http://www.resellerr...ory.pl?id=14023

Be willing to lose any money you send to them. I would not doubt they are already going under since for almost 4 months now there are no reviews. Companys need the reviews coming to keep people buying from them. I remember buying quite a few computers from a company on Ebay called the iInternetshop. They were selling barebones computers with good gigabyte MB's and nice hardware for very low prices. I bought 10 computers from them over a period of 8 months but stopped when i had a problem on a RMA'ed intel comp. I finally got it back after 3 weeks and soon after the company folded. These small companys just can't sustain low prices for long and most go out of business quickly and without warning.

SRX660

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
What makes me ever more suspicious is that all the reviews have randomly created names.....like really random with numbers and such. Not only that they never list and specifications nor do they have any cases in stock.
I think I'm going to stay away, wish i could find the person doing a build from this company but I can't seem to find them, which worries me.....
James