Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can anyone help clean out my computer?

• Please log in to reply

Katalust

Katalust

• Pip
  • 4 posts
:help: Hi I've recently brought a HP Pavillion, dv9000 Laptop. After downloading a few programs like bittorrent, Skype, Reason, MySpace IM etc....and maybe a few adult videos :whistling: My built-in web cam stopped working and shortly afterwards Bluetooth went aswell. after consulting Pc world helpline, they instructed me to save everything To disk and run a system restore. After I had done this, everything worked fine.. Except, I realised that, as well as having my desktop and the usual Guest one. There was also a copy of my old user profile, and all the old files that I had copied to disk. When I have tried to delete these files, it always comes up with an error message saying "Cannot delete 'this folder' Access is Denied. Make sure the disk is not full
or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use." I have already tried to delete them with Gipo Utilities 'Move On Boot' which should delete the file before it has a chance to be used. But that doesn't seem to do the job.

I'm only worried because, I seem to have filled up my C: Drive unusually quickly. I'm wondering whether If those files where not deleted, Which were heavy Video, Music, and visual Folders. Most of which have been uploaded again. Could all the contents be taking up my memory twice.. Another thing I thought strange (not that I know much about the registrys workins.. Alot of the files in there also have two copies, Similar to when you download two of the same thing by accident It comes up with 'Folder xyz' and another 'Folder xyz .1.'

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated
:blink: from Tao

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
See if your old user account appears in Control Panel>User Accounts. If it does, delete it and choose "yes" when asked if you also want to delete the files associated with that account.

Katalust

Katalust

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I've checked in the control panel and it only shows up the Two Mine and a guest one, although it says there are 4 in other programs.
:whistling: