Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What do you guys think?

• Please log in to reply

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts
Well all these sigs were ones I made for myseld for my BF2 account name. Be hoenst and I want to know what you guys think...

Advertisements

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
They look pretty good, I'm not sure im keen on the video-in-image, but some look good.

MaverickSidewinder

MaverickSidewinder

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
I think they are all good, how did you put the video in the image?

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts
Using Adobe Image Ready

Sp3ke

Sp3ke

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
Some of the best sigs i've saw. Very eye-Catchy.

tiroshii

tiroshii

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
very nice :whistling: love the video part

love the fith one :blink:

great work wish i could do as good

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
I'd have to agree with supersam, while I congrats your efforts to place video into the images like that, they seem like they where put there because you could. Somehow you need to make a smooth transition from the image to the video, otherwise it just looks like a boxed video on an image.
Other then that, great job.
James

Edited by james_8970, 31 March 2007 - 06:50 PM.

Matt L

Matt L

• PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
They're all pretty average. They're a lot better than most of what I've seen on other forums.

On the other hand, however, I think the text is bad. However, you did ask for honest opinions. No offense though. I've only met two or three graphic designers on the internet that does a good job of thinking, making, and placing their text into their art. I, too, can't master the text part of graphic designing.

Another tip that I will give you is that you need to make borders around your sigs. Even a one, black-pixel border around the whole sig will make it look much more improved and clean. I just think that sometimes, when people don't use borders, it makes them look like amateurs with art.

Also, your backgrounds match your sigs, but most of the backgrounds are just blurred, and they look like they came right out of a tutorial.

What program did you use to make those sigs, MoNsTeReNeRgY22? And how long have you had it?

I hope you don't feel bad about my criticism. I've had a reputation around some graphics forums as a harsh criticizer. I only say these things because first, you asked for the criticism, and second, this criticism will only make you better. I think that in time, any one can be a great graphic designer. Just as long as they put their hardwork and effort into it.

Good luck with your sigs! And keep up the good effort!

Edited by Matt L., 05 April 2007 - 11:34 AM.

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts
Well thank you Matt. Yes, I did ask for your guys opinion, and this is what I wanted. I used Adobe Photoshop CS2 and Image Ready. I appreciate your remarks and will remember then when creating future sigs.

Kobius

Kobius

• Pip
  • 6 posts
They are all fantastic! You must teach me how you do that! ^_^

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
MoNsTeReNeRgY22

I need you to read the site Terms of Use. Specifically this.

The posting of images is allowed on the support forums. But we insist on you keeping all images in your posts including the signature down to below 16Kb.

3 kb for your avatar and 57 for your signature image. 60 is nowhere near the allowed 16.

If it is necessary for you to post an image as a graphical means of displaying a problem you may be experiencing then please keep the image below 50Kb.

Your smallest image is above 50kb, your largest is almost a meg and a half. Far exceeding the standards.

Feel free to post thumbnails and those with the proper internet connections can click on them and see your work in full.

Drumbum667

Drumbum667

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
I can't see the sigs. I guess ScHwErV removed them.

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Good guess. Allowed 50kb, used a few mb. Not acceptable by any standards.