Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help needed with hd prob

• Please log in to reply

parman

parman

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
hi folks,

I went to update firmware on my pioneer 111D, downloaded the latest firmware from the pioneer site, (saved it to my extra drive (E:), shut down pc, rebooted to safe mode (F8 continually during reboot), once in safe mode i coudnt access my E:, rebooted into normal mode , E: now gives me the message the file and directory is corrupted and unreadable, unplugged the drive , rebooted, switched off, plugged drive back in, rebooted, same message, please help, before i panic and put a sledgehammer thru this.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
is this an external drive? or internal?

parman

parman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
internal m8, if i go to device manager it tells me its healthy, tried chkdsk /r but still no joy

parman

parman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
if i right click on the drive, then properties it shows

type : Local Disk
file system : Raw

Used Space : 0 bytes
Free Space : 0 bytes
Capacity : 0 bytes

there is over 100gb of files stored in this drive, praying for an easy fix without losing them

parman

parman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
please help,

wf4

wf4

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Hello,
ensure your drive is attached correctly, I would first try updating or rolling back the drivers for the drive in device manager.
Failing that, check online with the hardware manufacturer for the correct BIOS settings. Reboot your system and enter your BIOS, (usually F1, F2, or DEL) and go to the hardware tab, check the state of the drive, check the settings are as they are supposed to be. if they are all set to AUTO then you should try and disable the LBA and manualy set the cylinders, heads & sectors.

Hope this helps!

Will.