Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD Burner Quit Working

• Please log in to reply

itzterri

itzterri

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I burned a movie Sunday and then watched it on my laptop to be sure it worked. No problem. I used the same software I always use-ConvertXtoDVD. I've burned a bunch of movies and have never had any trouble. Hubby was watching the NASCAR race, so I decided to watch Sex in the City on my laptop. I've done this before, no problem. It is a store bought DVD, btw. Nothing happened when I inserted the DVD. I was converting a DVD at that same time. It finished about the time this was going on, so I then put a blank DVD in to burn it. My burner wouldn't recognize a blank DVD when I tried to burn the movie. I've searched the forums and haven't been able to find anything to work that has been suggested before. I just put in a CD like suggested in another thread. My DVD player didn't flash at all. No lights or noises. I went to my computer, double clicked on the DVD-RAM drive E, no info showing at all. I've tried music CD's, burned and bought. Data CD's I've burned. Movies that I've burned and ones I've bought. None will work. Oh my gosh I NEED MY DVD player!!! HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by itzterri, 20 March 2007 - 06:40 AM.

Advertisements