Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System Restore

• Please log in to reply

ansondolby

ansondolby

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I ran system restore on my computer (I know, crazy me). Now I have a lot less room on my hard drive, almost as iff all the information is still on there. I had somewhere around 95 GB left on my c drive now I only have about 24 GB left. Is there anyway I can either recall the missing data? If not how do I open up more space so I can get back to having half my hard drive free again?

Advertisements

Dwight

Dwight

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts
Hi ansondolby. Welcome to G2G. Have you tried to go back to
system restore and tell it to undo last restore?

Whiskeyman

Whiskeyman

• PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Open System Restore. Create a new restore point just to be safe. Once done go back to System Tools and open Disk Cleanup. Click on the More Options tab then click the Clean up button under System Restore. Clcik Yes then Ok to complete the cleaning.

Right click My Computer then click Properties. Click the System Restore tab then the Settings button. Using the slider set your Disk space usage down to about 3%. Click OK - Apply - OK.

You should now have a decent sized System Restore. You can also right click on the Recycle Bin then Properties and set that to 3% to reduce spaced used.

Edited by Whiskeyman, 20 March 2007 - 11:23 AM.