STOP Error out of sleep mode.
Posted 20 March 2007 - 10:15 AM
Posted 20 March 2007 - 10:32 AM
Posted 20 March 2007 - 10:53 AM
Posted 20 March 2007 - 11:48 AM
To resolve this issue, use the appropriate method:
Boot Sector Virus
To determine if you have a boot sector virus, run a current virus-checking program, and if needed, disinfect your computer.
Not a Boot Sector Virus
View the System Log in Event Viewer for additional error messages that help you determine the device that is causing the error.
- Bad block. Stop 0x77 is caused by a bad block in a paging file, or a disk controller error, or in extremely rare cases it is caused when non-paged pool resources are unavailable.
- If the first and second parameters are 0, then the stack signature was not found in the kernel stack. The cause of this issue is defective hardware. If the I/O status is C0000185 and the paging file is on a SCSI-based hard disk, you should verify the disk cabling and SCSI termination.
- If the I/O status code is 0xC000009C or 0xC000016A, this normally indicates that the data could not be read from the disk due to a bad block.
- If you can restart your computer after the error message, Autochk runs automatically and tries to map out the bad sector. If for some reason Autochk does not scan the hard disk for errors, manually start the disk scanner. If your computer is formatted with the NTFS file system, run Chkdsk /f /r on the system partition. You must restart your computer before the disk scan begins. If you cannot start your computer due to this issue, use the Command Console and run Chkdsk /r.
- Defective or unreliable random access memory (RAM) is another common cause of this issue.
- Verify that all the adapter cards in your computer are properly seated.
- Ensure that all adapter card contacts are clean.
- Disable system caching in the BIOS to see if this resolves the error.
- If this does not resolve the issue, your computer mainboard (motherboard) may be damaged.
Posted 21 March 2007 - 11:13 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users