Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Call of Duty OpenGl Help

• Please log in to reply

devo360

devo360

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hey i need some help opening CoD

i bought the CoD Game of the Year Edition and after when i opened the game a Fatal Error popped up and said Something like '' Couldn't load OpenGL please update ur video card'' or something and i went to the site and get the latest video card thingy and the game is still giving the same message. Sorry if u think im spamming

Could Some one help me out

Thanx
Devo

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Please post your system specs.

devo360

devo360

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
welll i have a NVIDIA GeForce2 MX display card and im pretty sure the problem relates to it because it said
"Could not load OpenGL. Make sure that you have the latest drivers for your video card from the manufacturer's web site"
ive been downloading patches for quite some time now and still nothin is working
if u need to know something else just post

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
You can download updated drivers and Nvidia's website: http://www.nvidia.co...ers/drivers.asp. I'm not sure your card is directx 9 compatable.

devo360

devo360

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Ive already downloaded that driver and im pretty sure its an appropriate 1 because it shows NVIDIA's logo right on the back on the actual game

devo360

devo360

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
i always cliked the primary downloading site was i suppose to download from mirror 1,2 or 3?

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
A mirror is just a server in which you can download a file. Each different mirror contains the exact same file. I believe you are going to need a new graphics card but I would like someone else here to cofirm it. IF this is the case I would check out the Geforce FX series. They go for around $50 and are fully DX9 compatable.

Also the Nvidia label on the back of the game is more marketing then anything else. An ATI card would run the game just as well as a Nvidia.

Edited by Titan8990, 22 March 2007 - 01:41 PM.

devo360

devo360

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
welll thx for all your help
i got the game working
thx again

Jazza

Jazza

• PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
OK now there are 3 different versions of CoD. Is it V CoD (CoD 1) CoD:UO or CoD 2?

If it's CoD 2 you won't be able to play with your graphics.

1. Re-install

2. Post back

3.Manually install it

4. Post back :whistling:

5. We will get to that if nothing else works. At its most basic level, OpenGL is a specification, meaning it is simply a document that describes a set of functions and the precise behaviors that they must perform. From this specification, hardware vendors create implementations — libraries of functions created to match the functions stated in the OpenGL specification, making use of hardware acceleration where possible. Hardware vendors have to meet specific tests to be able to qualify their implementation as an OpenGL implementation.

OpenGL serves two main purposes:

To hide the complexities of interfacing with different 3D accelerators, by presenting the programmer with a single, uniform API.
To hide the differing capabilities of hardware platforms, by requiring that all implementations support the full OpenGL feature set (using software emulation if necessary).

If you want more info on it go to http://en.wikipedia..../OpenGL#Example

he main reason I have seen this happening is not updated graphics but you have done that so it maybe a malfunction in the game you have. Just try the steps I said before and post back for me.

Jazza

Jazza

• PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
HAHA Sorry I didn't read the last post. Good info and OpenGL anyway. By the way How did you manage to get it working? We like to know how people get things working :whistling: