Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Drives D and E problem

• Please log in to reply

catman48

catman48

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
New problem , I disabled teatimer and rebooted, and got a message that antivirus is disabled, I went into my norton systemworks and did a one button checkup and it said the same thing and it had me to click the fix it button which I did. The antivirus says everything is turned on and running , I did a system scan and it was all clear, I rebooted again and I'm still getting message antivirus is disabled , But what I see in norton it isn't, Now whats going on?

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
is it windows telling you norton is disabled...little red shield in the lower right..

catman48

catman48

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Yes windows did and after I saw it I ran Norton one button checkup It said so also .

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
tea timer has nothing to do with norton...try system restore ...go back a couple days ..see if that "fixes" the problem
several years back (3 or 4)I bought and installed system works on my computer...fought with it for about 6 months before giving up.. having had to screw with it on a frequent basis...sometimes weekly...uninstalled it and never looked back...
you can use the windows security center to click a box telling the advisor that you will monitor your anti virus yourself..that will get rid of the windows pop up warning..does not do so for norton though...you will have to fight with it yourself...contact nortons support for help...maybe they got better since I dealt with them.. :whistling:

catman48

catman48

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Yes system restore fixed antivirus messages, I reluctenly tried it, never had much luck with restore before, I was beginning to think something got removed when I ran spybot, But after doing some research on it , Seems Symantec says it's a trojan ( Admincash.B ) that caused the messages. I'm All out of idea's with the D and e drives, Think I'm going to borrow different burner to see if it will work .
http://www.sarc.com/...dmincash.b.html

catman48

catman48

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I tried a friends Cd Burner it does the same thing as mine is.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
did you take a detour thru the security forum like I asked...