Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer freezes nonstop..

• Please log in to reply

Megablox

Megablox

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My computer is [bleep]ed. I don't know what retard in my family went on it but yea it can't go 5 minutes without freezing I've done scans with Windows Defender, Ad-Aware SE, Spybot Search & Destroy and it still freezes. It used to be fine...Any suggestions you geeks. :blink: :whistling:

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Download SpeedFan at http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php. Post your temps here.

Delphi51

Delphi51

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Could be software. Does control+alt+del bring up the task manager? If so, take a look at what program is stalling and/or what process is using a lot of CPU time.

Lately I've seen a few computers where Norton AV was using 99% of CPU time, stalling the computer. The solution was to uninstall Norton (required the use of a removal utility from norton.com) and install a free virus checker - AVG, Avira, Avast, etc.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
you could also try system restore go back at least a week before the problem started...