Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MATSHITA UJ-850S DVD-RAM driver

• Please log in to reply

ewanfraser

ewanfraser

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
A member of staff in my company has recently purchased a Satellita A100 laptop, however while installing a webcam he somehow managed to damage the driver for the above mentioned DVD Drive.

Does anyone know where i could download a driver for the Vista OS?

Regards
Ewan

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Driver support for all optical drives these days is provided by Microsoft on the Windows CD. Unfortunately, for Vista users, there is currently a big gap in device driver provision, both from Microsoft and the device manufacturers. That's one reason why uptake of Vista has been disappointing so far (also, it can't do anything useful that XP can't already do). For that reason, I insisted on having Windows XP installed in place of Vista when I bought a new laptop last week. From a hardware support point of view, Vista is about 3-6 months too early unless you can manage without such things as a printer or a scanner till then.

If the laptop came with Vista installed and the dvd drive was working with Vista, you should try System Restore or run the System File Checker if Vista has it.

Edited by pip22, 22 March 2007 - 02:20 AM.