Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Detection of secondary video card

• Please log in to reply

TOswift

TOswift

• Pip
  • 6 posts
hey fellas,

Id like to thank you in advance for your help. I recently formatted my comp and reinstalled windows XP. Everything was going smoothly when suddenly my computer would detect and install a new VGA device every time I booted up. When I went into hardware manager, I was told that i had 2 X1900XTs running one primary, and a secondary. But there is only one X1900XT running on my rig. I really do not know what to do. I tried disabling the secondary, but every time i boot-up, it detects this new mysterious VGA controller and installs the drivers...ending off with "this device may not be working properly." Apart from using system resources, and adding signficantly to the boot-up time. It has become worrying and frustrating. Any advice would be appreciated. Thnx a lot.

My System:

Windows XP SP2 - fully updated
ASUS A8N-SLI
X2 3800 @ 2GHz
2GB DDR400 OCZ Platinum
X1900XT 512MB
200GB ATA 7200RPM Seagate - Mass Storage
40GB SATA 10000RPM Raptor - Primary; Windows, Program Files, nForce4 files, etc
Note: my mobo does not have an on-board VGA adapter.

Advertisements

Whiskeyman

Whiskeyman

• PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
I assume seeing as that card has two monitor ports it is installing the drivers for both.

TOswift

TOswift

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
it never did that before. Also, if that is the case, then why does it install the secondary vid drivers everytime at boot-up.