Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Zone Alarm update to 7.0

• Please log in to reply

Jake B Delbek

Jake B Delbek

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Is anyone else having problems with the latest ZoneAlarm update to 7.0?

When it installs it doesn't leave an icon on your desktop like the previous version updates have.

I also discovered that when I installed the update, I am now in a Trial version.

The ZA 7.0 window likes to freeze in place and can be rather difficult to minimize.

I also discovered that I can no longer access my License Number.

Edited by Jake B Delbek, 21 March 2007 - 11:33 AM.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
In answer to your first question (desktop icon): ZoneAlarm does not install a desktop icon (neither did the previous version as I recall). There is no need for such an icon. The ZA control panel window can be opened by double-clicking the systray icon, so a desktop icon would simply be a waste of space.

For help with your other problems I suggest you try the official ZA forums:
http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs