Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer runs very slow

• Please log in to reply

coryw

coryw

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
My computer is running pretty slow and wondering how i can speed it up like it use to be?

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Defrag may help: Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Disk Defragmenter
(disable resident antivirus protection before running defrag).

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
While there are many causes for system slow-down; in a non-modified installation, I find the most common to be uncontrolled background processes consuming resources without significant benefit. For what I have learned about getting them under control, with links to useful tools and informational sites, see my Vox:
http://doc1101.vox.com/ (To visit the links, copy and paste to your browser address box in a new tab.)

Edited by 1101doc, 22 March 2007 - 08:01 PM.

blondie09

blondie09

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you Doc1101 for a GREAT helpful site! It is very helpful and I recommend others also visit it and learn some helpful tips:) Very impressive!! Thanks again.

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
Aww, shucks. Gee, gosh. *blushes*