Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PhP - User Account Script

• Please log in to reply

lillya

lillya

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
I am fairly new to PhP and am trying to figure out how to create user accounts for my website. I haven't been able to find any examples of scripts online, so I was wondering if anyone already knows of a site I can visit with instructions and examples. What I am looking for is as follows:

In order to complete a survey I am administering online, I would like users to have to log in.

1) I need to be able to first have users create a user account and password (that I will store in a MySQL database).
2) Then, anytime a user visits the site again, I need to be able to check the information they enter against the information stored in my database when they log in.
3) Finally, I need to be able to automatically send users their password if they forget it.

If anyone knows of a place I can get example scripts from I would greatly appreciate the help!
Thanks!

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
There should be lots of such system around the place. You could try something like http://www.hotscripts.com/

Or if you like I could send you the script that I use, it is written by me. If you want to see the register page http://codefisher.org/users/register I does have a control panel to add more information, and there is a password recovery system.

lillya

lillya

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Thanks for your advice! I have visited hotscripts before but I always have a hard time finding what I am looking for - there are so many small deviations on the same types of things that it is hard for me to tell what would be most useful for me. If you are willing to share your script with me I would greatly appreciate it! What you have on your site looks exactly like what I am looking for - learning from your script would definitely be a big help. Thanks!

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
For what it is worth, I have attached mine. There is a few things I know need fixing, so I will PM you with any updates. If you find anything that does not work I will be happy to hear.

You will need to change some of the settings of the settings.php just read the comments in that file. You might want to edit the header and footer.php as well. Some of the include paths might be wrong also, I have to really got this is to a general usage state yet.

If you don't like it, you will need to go back to looking on hot scripts :whistling:

Attached Files

Edited by Michael, 26 March 2007 - 07:16 PM.