Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Tech Advice

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
Hey guys I need some help

I have a some questions I need answers to, hopefully you guys can help me with this.

Letís say when ever I do a fresh format on a hard drive that has too many viruses or male ware or just to fix a bug that one can't seem to get around.
After the format I can never seem to know how to go about reinstalling the drivers for the network card and audio drivers or video, is there a tool or a fast why to see what type of hardware, letís say network card or video card, needs what version of drivers or company there from, so I can go about finding them off the internet is there a tool or a quick.

Also I can never seem to get the internet working after a format I try ipconfig /renew or just going into device manger to have windows install the drivers for the hardware that's installed, but thatís were am always getting stuck at, lets say I don't have the driver CD how do I go about finding driver version and information so I can find them on the internet or a tools that searches the internet for the drivers that the hardware needs any advice would be greatly appreciated.