Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with router

• Please log in to reply

Titans_Girl

Titans_Girl

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I currently use the Netgear D834G for a wireless connection to my laptop. This is the second one I've had, first one broke within warranty, second one I've had now for 2 years and its losing the wireless connection quite a lot, I have to reset the router, move it around to get it to work. Its getting on my nerves. I'm assuming this is a problem with the router not my laptop, if so can anyone recommend what other router might be good and easy to use (I'm not very good with computers)

Thanks

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
If you are on cable internet with a separate modem + router setup, check the cable connection to the modem (bad connection here is often a source of intermittent problems. Strip the cable from the jack-plug where it enters the modem and re-make it so it's really securely attached.

If you decide on a new router, I use a Thomson SpeedTouch which has behaved faultlessly and hardly gets warm even after 24 hours. Some routers get very hot and that alone can cause connection loss till it's cooled down.