Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2002 - connection problem

• Please log in to reply

peakie22

peakie22

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Outlook 2002 cant log on to outgoing server (mail.btinternet.com) - error 800CCC92. I've reset the password, removed and reinput the entire email account without luck. Can log on to mail via web using the same username/password as outlook uses. I can receive mail via Outlook. Same problem on another pc so I don't see that it's a problem at my end but would welcome suggestions.

Peakie22

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Hi, peakie22.

Has Outlook ever been able to send email with this account?

If so, what might have happened on your system between then and now?

Have you installed anything new, like an antivirus software?

It sounds like possibly the SMTP server or some other setting (not your username/password) has either changed since you set it up in Outlook, or just isn't entered correctly in Outlook. It might be helpful for you to log in to their web portal and find the current account settings. If you can't find them online, call their technical department.

peakie22

peakie22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Nothing changed that I know of. Tuesday was fine then just stopped sending. I suspect that something's screwed up at the server end and I'll need BT to sort it. No harm in hoping.

Peakie22