Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows live messenger in Vista

• Please log in to reply

ronnie369

ronnie369

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Having a big problem with windows live messenger on Vista. It loads and runs the shuts down saying DEP won't allow it . When I open advanced system and check performance and get into the data protection, it lets me pick items to add to a list that DEP won't block. But it unfortunately tells me windows live messenger has to run with the data protection on and can not let it be an exception. DEP says it's a compatibility problem and this is a windows program.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Until a patch is released to fix this problem, you can work around it by right clicking on the Messenger icon (probably on the desktop), and select Run as Administrator.

Getting version 7.5 appears to fix the issue too.

ronnie369

ronnie369

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for the help it works fine with 7.5