Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Slow Internet

• Please log in to reply

allstarookie

allstarookie

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
Ok i never had this problem b4 but its been happening for about 2 weeks now and my problem is that my internet is goin slower than b4, the whole page dosnt load up(like images done load up) and sometimes i have it says page not found n i have to refresh a few times for it to load and than it still dosnt load up the whole page, things that i usually single click to open i might have to click it 5 times for it to open

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Have you run Disk Clean and Defrag from Tools tab for your drive ? May be other problems, but try running these tools, cleaning cache/temporary internet files, removing files you know you don't need anymore. Then run the Defraq Tool. How are you connecting to Internet? How old is your PC? Might try SpeedTest.net and log results. There could be other reasons for what is happening.

Ron

allstarookie

allstarookie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
umm where do i find defrag and disk clean can u be more specific like the steps i take, and im connected by cable and i also have a router for my xbox 360 to connect to and my pc is about a year n half old

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Hi:

Go to Start/My Computer/. Right-click on your HD from menu that slides out and chose Properties. On General tab there is a Disk Cleanup button. Click this and let it scan disk. At end of scan, it will show you a list of options of files that can be removed. Some are already checked and are safe to remove. Defraq Now button is under the Tools tab. This may take some time depending on size of drive, but you can use the Analyze button to check.

Ron

Edited by Major Payne, 22 March 2007 - 04:02 PM.