Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CD that flickers

• Please log in to reply

Bruinaholic

Bruinaholic

• PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
Hi, I had a cd which came with a MS book in which i got from my school. It had certain labs on it. When I first put it in my PC for the first time it asks for a "end user license agreement" it prompted me to accept it or decline to use it so I accepted it. After accepting it the application from the CD appeared on my desktop would open but just sit there and flicker constantly. I then tried it on another PC with the same results. I tried cleaning the CD with alcohol and just wiping it clean. Still the same results.

So I assumed it was a bad CD so I brought it back to school and got another one and tried it on the same 2 PC's with the same results. Just for the heck of it I tried it on another PC with another OS and got the same "end user license agreement" request and it works fine. I then did the same thing on my 98SE PC withe positive results. The question I have is could it have to do with "end user license agreement" that I first accepted on the problemed PC's? If so, is there a way to clear it so it will prompt me to be asked again so I can use the CD on the troubled PC's? If so, how would I do this, please?

Advertisements

Bruinaholic

Bruinaholic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
Can I get some help with this please?

Bruinaholic

Bruinaholic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
It turns out the problem with using firefox to view it. Is there a way to have IE open it without me having to change firefox as my default browser, please?

Supercalifragilistic

Supercalifragilistic

• PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
Let me just say, the tech staff usually help people with 0 replies first. Bumping the topic won't help.

And yes. Right click > select 'open with' then 'choose program. Choose Internet Explorer, then tick 'Always use the selected program to open this kind of file'.

Bruinaholic

Bruinaholic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
cool...tks for the help.