Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New Hardware Kepts on Showing

• Please log in to reply

TejoZ

TejoZ

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi Guys, I'm Edwin Tejoz

My computer kept on telling me that i have a new hardware installed (a printer) everytime i start my windows. I did not have any printer attached. I have tried to scan it so many times but it didn't found any driver to install, and i have checked the option not to notify me about this hardware anymore, However none of that helps.

Help me Please
Thank You so much in advance

Advertisements

wf4

wf4

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Hello,
Look in you Device Manager, (Presuming you are using Windows XP, Start, Control Panel, System, Hardware tab, Device Manager).
look for the hardware which the system says it is finding and presuming you dont want to use this hardware, right click on it and select disable.
If you do then double click the item and select install the drivers, you should insert the CD which came with your hardware it this point, if you have no CD then you should visit the manufacturer's website and download the drivers, you can then point to this driver when you search.

If anything is unclear or you still have problems, add another post and i will see what i can do to help.

Good Luck,

Will

TejoZ

TejoZ

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
hi wf4

thanks for the reply
i tried all of that none seems to work