Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I DID EVERTHING ON THIS SITE AND STILL SYSFADER

• Please log in to reply

dceasy

dceasy

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I VE TRIED IT ALL everything on this site and still have the problem. I can't get into my computer search control panel and any folder on the desktop. I can however get into run and access my files this way. Ive learned to live with it the past few weeks and fear it may get worse. I have spybotSD ,microsoft antispyware beta1, trojan hunter4, spysubtact, winsockxpFix, Ad-ware SE, cw shredder, vx2cleaner, windows malware remover and nothing has removed the sysfader problem so i dont believe it is or its just not being picked up by those programs. I have a Nvidia 64-bit integrated video card and some one said to turn off fade options I did and it didnt work and just about everything else PLEASE help or maybe enlightn me on something I haven't tried. I have xp sp2 if you need more info to help let me know. :tazz:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Did you insert XP CD, cancel when loaded, click start then run then type sfc /scannow then press enter to replace missing system files, you get a blue bar which goes off when checked

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Experiment:

In Internet Explorer, Tools - Internet Options - Advanced and clear the checkbox on Enable Third Party Browser Extensions

Close IE

Can you open your folders?

dceasy

dceasy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks qerryf unchecking tird party extensions worked i can now open everything. Much love. It's greatly appreciated :tazz: ;) ;) :) :) :) :) :)