Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

RS232 PRINTER needed

• Please log in to reply

kelvinb

kelvinb

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
:whistling:

HELLO

The following is not computer related but you guys may be able to help.

I have a weird request but just maybe someone out there can help - we have an ongoing project regarding radio equipment.
We have a decoded RS232 output which we want to feed to a printer. No probs so far.

The transmitting and recieving stations do not have real time clocks in the equipment therefore any data would be raw
and unclocked therefore no good for logging.

Does anyone know of a relatively cheap printer ( thermal or impact unimportant ) which would date time stamp any printed material - PCs are out of the equation.

thanks in advance

M A R T I N

:blink:

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Hi Martin

You didn't say whether this needed to be an A4 sized printer or not. If that's not important, then the Brother QL-650TD might do the trick.
Its actually a label printer BUT it can print on continuous paper rolls (like a till receipt), it can automatically time stamp everything, it's standalone & it has a serial interface as well as the usual USB one!

It costs just over $200 or just under £200 new but you may be able to find a secondhand one somewhere...

Edited by Samm, 23 March 2007 - 08:31 PM.

kelvinb

kelvinb

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
MANY THANKS ON THAT - IN FACT THE TILL ROLL VARIETY IS THE STYLE WE WERE HOPING FOR.

WILL CHECK IT OUT

I GUESSED YOU GUYS WOULDNT LET US DOWN

THANKS AGAIN

M A R T I N

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
You're very welcome