Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Power Supply Emachine T1840

• Please log in to reply

Gidge

Gidge

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, I have quite a few computers around my home and I have one that will fit the spot, but the plug that goes to the motherboard is missing one piece of metal in the connector. Is there a way to match up the power supplies from the other computer on a database or webpage before I blow my computer to bits? I am trying to save the 60 dollars on buying a new one.

thanks in advance :whistling:

Gidge the Destructive

Edited by Gidge, 23 March 2007 - 09:16 AM.

Advertisements

Jack123

Jack123

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
01-Gidge-[Power Supply E-Machine]-23rd MAR-2007

Gidge – Welcome to – Geeks to Go –

Hi, I have quite a few computers around my home and I have one that will fit the spot, but the plug that goes to the motherboard is missing one piece of metal in the connector. Is there a way to match up the power supplies from the other computer on a database or webpage before I blow my computer to bits? I am trying to save the 60 dollars on buying a new one.

I am not sure which item you are trying to match – I think you have a Power Supply that may have no wire at Pin 18 – This is a –5 VDC voltage – that is not used anymore –

See attached image – 01_atx_20_pin_power_connector.jpg

Are you matching this supply to the motherboard of the T1840 E-Machine. Below is an E-Machine part replacement page – It would be a starting place – only -

E-Machines-Parts -
http://parts.emachines.com/emachines/

Need to know more details, in order to give proper information – Need to know Model / Part number of the motherboard + Video Card in order to recommend a power supply wattage – There needs to be a physical size match for the case fit & an electrical wattage fit/match to power required. You have physical specifications & Electrical specifications – Size – Fit & Function – are the 3 requirements -

Also keep in mind, if replacing a bad power supply or a bad motherboard – There is a good possibility that both components are bad –

Please Supply more details -

Jack123

Gidge

Gidge

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
hi, I have been to the emachine website and was trying avoid buying one first in case it was more or not the problem. I will have to visit that site and get all the info for my computer then I will post it back here. thanks :-)

Gidge

Jack123

Jack123

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
02-Gidge-[Power Supply E-Machine]-23rd MAR-2007

Ok- In the meantime – here are some – Geeks to GO Posts on Power Supplies – Good reading material on the subject -

http://www.geekstogo...a...upply&st=25

Jack123