Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Power Supply

• Please log in to reply

gotmilk?

gotmilk?

• Pip
  • 9 posts
The fan on my power supply quit working so I went and bought a new power supply but the fan is still not working

And when I power up the computer I get an error that says Hardware Monitor found an error enter power setup menu
I enter the menu but then I have no idea what to do in there

Advertisements

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Try loading the BIOS defaults.

gotmilk?

gotmilk?

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thanks so much that seemed to work but now I have another problem. When I go into the menu is says Primary and Slave none.
Does this mean it's showing I don't have a harddrive?

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Make sure all cables connected to hard drive and such and secure so we can make sure none fell out while replacing the PSU.

gotmilk?

gotmilk?

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I went through and checked all the plugs and now I have a primary drive but still no slave drive

The computer only has one hardrive installed but it has a partition that makes it look like 2 drives.
Will running the system recovery discs solve the slave drive problem? Or is it still a cable connection problem?

Edited by gotmilk?, 23 March 2007 - 03:12 PM.

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
It looks like a cable connection problem.

Now I am concerned between the cable connectors to the motherboard, and the harddrives. Try taking them out and switching them.

Whiskeyman

Whiskeyman

• PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
A partitioned drive shouldn't show as a Master and Slave in the Bios. If you have two physical drives on the same IDE controller then there will be a Master and Slave detection. The partitioned single drive will be designated as HDD0 and HDD1 in the Bios boot options..