Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Raid Controllers

• Please log in to reply

Immortalarena

Immortalarena

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
First is XP 64 -bit or Vista 64-bit worth it? Will I notice a difference when I install it. (Yes I have a 64 bit processor / Dual Core)

The Raid controllers are Nvidia Raid Class Drivers / Nvidia nForce Storage controllers. But the version I was able to siphon from Dell is only supported in the 32-bit version. I've tried a quick Google Search but I'm not sure which sites to Trust. I consider this site a much better source to ask for Help.

Thanks. :whistling:

Advertisements

BluePoet

BluePoet

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
If you know the actual manufacturer of your motherboard (sometimes hard to determine on a Dell, but maybe visible during BIOS screen if you go to system setup). If you know the name of the manufacturer of your motherboard, you should be able to go to that company's website and look for drivers. Dell does a horrible job of maintaining updated driver lists (surprised they even have a 32-bit Vista driver). Based on the description of your hardware, 64-bit drivers ought to be out there somewhere.

As for the difference between 32 and 64 bit Vista, I have only ever run 32 bit Ultimate, and can't comment.

Immortalarena

Immortalarena

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
Thanks for the Reply. I was mostly looking to see about general 32 vs 64 not just vista, but both Vista and XP. I do not actually own Vista yet, but during installation of XP pro from another disk, (Not Dell) I found I needed the Raid controllers. I found them through a mix of Dell and another post here on geekstogo.com

I will be upgrading to Vista After my College gets the disks. However I was curious about the differences and even if I should worry about the 64 bit version. My Processor is 64 bit, but I feel I am not using it's full potential running XP 32 bit. But I can't install the 64 - bit version because the Raid Drivers are only 32 bit.

Thanks again for the reply. :whistling: