Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Toshiba Laptop Sound Problems

• Please log in to reply

Priscilla Berlanga

Priscilla Berlanga

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I get the following sound errors:

DirectSound output v2.2.7 error - Bad DirectSound driver. Please install proper drivers or select another device in configuration. Error code: 88780078

Windows Media Player Error Message Help
You've encountered error message C00D11BA while using Windows Media Player. The following information might help you troubleshoot the issue.

Cannot play the file
Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device, such as a sound card or sound controller. You might encounter this error message for one of the following reasons:

Your sound device is in use by another program. Quit other programs that might be using your sound device, and then try to play the file again.

Your sound device requires an updated driver. To determine if an updated driver is available, see Windows Update, or see the sound device manufacturer's Web site.

The selected sound device does not support Secure Audio Path (SAP). If you have multiple sound devices installed on your computer, try using a different one.

Your sound device is not functioning properly. To troubleshoot the problem, see Windows Help and Support or refer to your sound device's documentation.

You do not have a sound device installed on your computer. Install a sound device (such as a sound card), and then try to play the file again. If you can't install a sound device in your computer, you might be able to resolve the problem by attaching USB-based headphones or USB-based speakers to your computer instead.

To use a different sound device
Click the arrow below the Sync tab, and then click More Options.

Click the Devices tab, double-click Speakers.

In Audio device to use, click a different device.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technical Details
This error might have been triggered by an error in another program or component of Windows. The following information describes the original error.

Original Error Code
Original Error Message

Cannot play back the audio stream: no audio hardware is available, or the hardware is not responding.

------------------
When I go to Device Manager, all the codecs are in, all the drivers are in with yellow flags, that is, it has the software but no hardware. I use my Toshiba system CD and reinstall the RealTek and Virtual Sound but it doesn't work. I have had this problem continuously since I got the computer. Before I was able to reinstall the codecs, etc. and sound and it would work sometime, now it doesn't work. I cannot talk on the phone, hear music, or actually anything sound related, not even system sounds.

HELP HELP HELP

Advertisements

98springer

98springer

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
What model? Is it under warranty?

Sounds like you pretty much eliminated software.

Priscilla Berlanga

Priscilla Berlanga

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
The 90 day warranty has expired. It's a Satellite A105-S2081. Sooooo, I have to get a new sound card or what?