Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Uninstalling Office 2007

• Please log in to reply

smartnot

smartnot

• Pip
  • 1 posts
This was an early release office 2007 from a sales rep. The password was later made void by Microsoft.
I want to uninstall it because it is far more than I need at home. Have bee unable to uninstall in a/r progs due to error that the files are corrupted.

What shall I do?

Moved this topic to the Office Forum.

Edited by Fenor, 23 March 2007 - 04:06 PM.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
If you have the install CD you could install over the current installation (which would most likely repair the corrupt files) then try uninstalling.

Alternatively, you could simply delete the Office folder at C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office.
You would also need to then disable any startup entries associated with Office by using the built in System Configuration Utility. Click "Start>Run. Type MSCONFIG and click OK. Click the 'Startup' tab. Untick all references to Microsoft Office.

Some Office support files will remain in the Windows folder (impossible to list them) but the bulk of office will be gone, freeing space for something else. Some Office keys and values will also remain in the Registry, but they will do no harm and trying to remove them may do more harm than good if you inadvertently remove the wrong key.

Edited by pip22, 23 March 2007 - 04:24 PM.