Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

all programs run msn messenger instead of the program im trying to run

• Please log in to reply

bonethug

bonethug

• Pip
  • 2 posts
a while ago , a had a virus that ran lots of ~temp files . and whenever i would click anything it would run the virus again , so what i did was change the properties of it and made it run with msn messenger , now whenever i click any programs the messengers comes out . the only way any thing will run is if a put right click "run as" . how can i fix this ? i will gladly apprecciate any help . thank you in advance

Advertisements

Supercalifragilistic

Supercalifragilistic

• PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
Have you run a virus and malware/spyware scan?

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
Bonethug-- I strongly suggest that you go here: http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html Follow all the self-help instructions, and then post a HiJackThis log as directed. Further changes to your system configuration without effective malware removal may actually make the problem more difficult to resolve. When you have been assured that your system is free from malware, return to this forum section, and we will help with any problems that remain.

OwNt

OwNt

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 7,457 posts
1101doc,

I have moved your post with the Hijackthis log into the malware forum, it is the only forum that help can be provided on.