as the tittle suggest im having trouble with large artifacts and im not sure if its the display driver or my harware.
the problem when i get them the most is when im using solid works (a 3D solid engineering design program) when i rotate the image and even to teh point where im just moving my mouse these artifatcs come up that look basically like large triangles jaggering to the middle of the screen and its really annoying and frustrating basically because i cant rotate the image and actually see what the thing looks like
(refer to the images to get a basic look at what i mean)
Ok so this is what i have done to try to combate the problem:
1. uninstall modded drivers (omega) and ran driver cleaner
2. re-installed original drivers from asus (asus radeon 9550)
3. that didnt work
4. uninstalled asus drivers and used driver cleaner
5. installed other soft modded drivers
6. that made it worse
7. uninstalled them and ran driver cleaner
8. downloaded and installed new catalyst software package from Ati
9. didnt fix it or help in anyway
and now im asking for your help what do i do??? is it my card thats damaged due to heat (i overclock the card) [oh and the artifacts happen when its running at standard speeds]
do i need to replace my grahics card? or get better drivers?
any help would be much appreciated ive exhausted all i can think of and nothings working