Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

E-mail shutdown(Microsoft Outlook)

• Please log in to reply

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
Encountering email problems this a.m. Receiving dialogue indicating that system is out of memory and to shut down various windows programs. Did Disk Cleanup, Flushed out all previous restore points. Memory as follows:

Maximum memnory on C: 7.85 gigs
Available Free Space 1.27 gigs

Please advise

waynf

Advertisements

sharlpero

sharlpero

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
8Gb a bit small partition size for the system drive, i'd advice to repartition and make it at least 15gb.

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
Does this operation require computer to put in for technical work, or can I do this myself.

It seems to me that the only application being affected is Microsoft Outlook, all other applications working

waynf

sharlpero

sharlpero

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
hmm, try to clean up your Outlook yourself, i mean to old delete messages, or backup them and store some where.

for the disk partitioning, yes you can do it yourself, using 3d party partitioning software for example disk director.

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
I have been trying to delete old files on email service, but same problem arrises where resources are questioned, but am wondering if I can retrieve archive folders and try and delete them, but can't figure out how to get at them. Also would a reformat and installation of larger harddrive be in order. I've already investigated the economics of this option . Out of 7.85 gigs of harddrive I am currently running at 1.25 megs of free space, but can't figure out how come only Microsoft Outllook is being affected. All other Windows Office programs are working.

waynf

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
I am still receiving message that resources are out of memory, but there are a lot of messages in Microsoft Outlook, but system will not allow me to delete then and it advises me to stop running various programs and try again. The only program I have running in the background is my AVG anti-virus. But I am wondering if I were to go into safe mode(F8 at reboot) if that might enable me to delte all these messages or; is there another way to get at those message files(current messages and message archives)

I seem to be on the verge of installing new hard drive and/or doing reformat.

waynf