Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trouble with a Netgear WG111v2 wireless usb adapter

• Please log in to reply

edge

edge

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I'm trying to get this WG111v2 wireless usb adapter to work in my Ibm 770x laptop. I downloaded the latest software from the Netgear site and installed it. Next it asks to plug the adapter in, as soon as I do this I get a blue page that reads , STOP: 0X000000d1[0X00000000,0X00000002,0X00000000,0X00000000] Driver IROL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Beginning dump of physical memory. I have to shut my laptop off and unplug the wireless usb adapter to get my laptop to boot up. Does this mean there is something wrong with the driver or my laptop won't support the adapter. I'm running 2000pro on the laptop. The adapter installed properly and I configured it but when I try to test the network I got the blue screen. So I uninstalled it downloaded the software again now as soon as I plug in the adapter I get thew blue screen. Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisements

98springer

98springer

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
Make sure the driver is for W2K and not XP. 2K is pretty picky.