Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

ati2dvag causing continous loop

• Please log in to reply

frankielee

frankielee

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi,
I have been unable to start XP in normal mode without getting the continuous loop and dumping of physical memory, caused by ati2dvag.... I have reformatted and can run in safemode, but every time I try to get on in normal mode the above happens. Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have you got .net framework installed, will show as an optional here

http://update.micros...t.aspx?ln=en-us

Have you got the ATI software CD to install from, if not, have you downloaded the latest ATI software

Safe mode with networking should allow you to download, however, check the firewall and anti virus is running before connecting

frankielee

frankielee

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
hi, thanks for reply: I do not have an ati disk, only a toshiba recovery disk for my laptop... when I try to go the link provided, I receive the following error, for which I can find no info - Error number: 0x8007043C and I am unable to update

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Can you get the download here

http://www.filehippo...d_ati_catalyst/

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
If I may add. There is a lot of material about the corrupted file in google. You can download ati2dvag.dll fro here.

frankielee

frankielee

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
thanks - tried it, at the end of ATI installation wizard, I get the following error: INF error Video driver not found. Setup was unable to complete the installation. Try to set up your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running set up.

frankielee

frankielee

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
hi - I just downloaded ati2dvag.dll from site - thank you - I am going to try to reboot now - will let you know how it goes - thanks again!