Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

can i use my laptop as a monitor for my computer

• Please log in to reply

mrq201

mrq201

• PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
i really did not know how to search for it so i took a shot at asking it over here...

I got a laptop and i gave my girlfriend my monitor, so i still have my pc at home without a monitor. The pc is running xp pro and my laptop is running vista. Is it possible to use my laptop as a monitor to view whats on my computer??

I have a mt3705 laptop and my pc is a hp 515n.. Im guessing additional specs isnt really required right

Advertisements

Scott3344

Scott3344

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
There are some software programs that can kind of do that, like this one. You could also set your desktop up to be remotely controlled so that your laptop sees your desktop screen and operates the desktop via a network connection. Both solutions have plenty of room for technical problems so the easiest bet is just getting a cheap monitor if you want to keep using the desktop. A used CRT shouldn't be much money at all.