Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

uping cpu

• Please log in to reply

AnthonyJ

AnthonyJ

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
alright, my board supports 400/533mhz fsb cpus. im currently running a 2ghz 400mhz at 2.3ghz 46?mhz. now my q is i found a few cheap cpus that are 533mhz. i know my board will support, but when i go to o/c them is my board going to run over the 533? (still noobish at o/cing) and yes i know i need to just up my whole system

Advertisements

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
Now my question is, what is your board? Different brand names and boards have different overclocking abilities.

AnthonyJ

AnthonyJ

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
just an ECS L4S8A2 v1.0

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
ECS is known to be one of the lowest quality brands when it comes to motherboards. So my guesses are it can't do that well. Plus if it supports 533/400 it means 533 is the maximum fsb that it will go, and possibly from experience, the maximum fsb is always lower than what they say its is.

Edited by SOORENA, 26 March 2007 - 05:35 PM.