Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

ASUS K8V SE Deluxe - motherboard

• Please log in to reply

Luckyjfl

Luckyjfl

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Hi Guys, I wonder if anyone could anyone explain to me the RAM on this ASUS K8V SE Deluxe - motherboard. Now I know it has 3 slots, and it takes 3200 x 400 RAM. Is it possible to install 1 x 512 strips in each slot , giving me a total of 1,536 MBs. I already have 2 x 512 strips, but if I cannot put another one in the last slot, there is no point in me buying it. What do you think. Cheers in advance for any help you might be able to give me.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Why would you think you can't put a 512 stick in the third slot? If you already have 512 sticks in the other two slots, then of course you can put same in the third slot. Only problem you may have is getting the third stick to work with the existing two you already have, unless it's exactly the same spec. Sometimes even a stick from a different manufacturer is enough to cause incompatibility problems, even though they are all the same spec. Happened to me twice. Depends how tolerant your system is to RAM from different manufacturers.

Luckyjfl

Luckyjfl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Ok, I see your point, regarding the use of a different type not being compatable with the other two. Good point. I have Crucible at the moment. I think perhaps certain so called 3200x 400MHz chips, are simply overclocked DDR 333MHz chips certified to run at 400 MHz. I shall certainly think about this, before I get an extra strip.

Cheers for your help.